1 University Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63121
Program: Legal Issues Related to Volunteer Management
We live in an in increasingly litigious society. Whether you see this as a good thing or a bad thing, the fact remains that volunteer management professionals increasingly must be aware of the legalities of their work – whether that is the risks organizations can pose to volunteers or the liabilities volunteers can pose to the organization and/or its constituents. Spend the day gaining knowledge about your risks and responsibilities and strategies for preparing for both.
Come to this class to learn more about a variety of legal topics that affect volunteer management, including:
- Liability of nonprofit organizations and volunteers;
- Legal protection for volunteers;
- The use of, and validity of, waivers and releases;
- The application of HIPAA and other privacy-related laws on the use of volunteers;
- What you need to be thinking about in the way of handbooks, forms, and volunteer orientation;
- And more!
Instructor: Instructors for this course have backgrounds in law, risk management, human resources and volunteer management.
The hours earned in this workshop will count towards your UMSL Chancellor’s Certificate in Volunteer Management.
Parking: Once you register online, you will get parking instructions and parking permit.
Cost: Members: $60 (with member discount code) Non-Members: $75. Includes lunch voucher, instructor handouts and parking permit.