We have just begun our 2016 Membership Campaign. If you are interested in joining MVMA in 2016 or would like to renew your membership in 2016, you can click HERE to be taken to the Membership page.
NEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS
Agency: Habitat for Humanity St. Louis Volunteer Services Manager
Position: Volunteer Services Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To further the mission of Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis (HFHSL), by managing all aspects of volunteer community outreach efforts including recruiting and cultivation for affiliate volunteer staffing needs. The position will develop and implement programs and processes to recruit, screen, train, place, schedule, retain/support, and recognize/appreciate all individual and group volunteers (including but not limited to major donors, Specialty Build, Build Up, ReStore, Committee, Construction Leaders, and individual volunteers) for the affiliate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Policy and Planning—Volunteer Services
- Planning: Work with Director of Resource Development to develop and implement long-term strategic plan to increase overall volunteer participation and retention for the affiliate.
- Construction Leadership Recruitment: Oversee construction leadership recruitment, management, training, retention, and appreciation in partnership with the Leading Edge (LE) Committee. Collaborate with the LE Committee, to develop a long-term recruitment and retention plan to increase the number of skilled volunteer construction leaders on all HFHSL build sites. This may include marketing, advertising, and presentations at various organizations in the metro area.
- Policy: Develop volunteer related policies, practices, procedures, and support materials (i.e. manuals, brochures, job descriptions, recruitment and training materials, build day packets, etc.) to ensure efficient volunteer management, engagement, and safety, including providing oversight of the community service program. Act as a resource for HFHSL staff and volunteers, mediate staff and volunteer relations, and enforce volunteer policies and procedures.
Program Management—Volunteer Services
- Identification and Recruitment: Identify and research existing and prospective volunteer engagement and recruitment opportunities. Reach out to conduct presentations and attend resource and volunteer fairs, etc. Plan and implement volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, and placement; schedule and conduct volunteer orientations as necessary.
- Cultivation: Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential volunteers. This includes but is not limited to site visits, personalized correspondence, phone calls, coffee and/or lunch.
- Recognition and Retention: Create and implement recognition events, awards, and gifts of appreciation to acknowledge the ongoing commitment of all HFHSL volunteers, thus keeping volunteers engaged in supporting the mission. Manage online volunteer scheduling database and survey systems, tracking and reporting volunteer participation.
- Communication: Develop and manage the dissemination of volunteer communication pieces, including build day follow up details and e-newsletters. Administer updates to the volunteer section of the website and update volunteer emergency line, communicating any necessary urgent information to volunteers prior to build days.
- Construction Site: Oversee build site hospitality, with assistance from the Volunteer Services Admin, on all build days, including but not limited to greeting volunteers, overseeing check-in, conducting the morning safety meeting, and ensuring all volunteer sign-in information is returned to the HFHSL Admin Office for processing.
- Community Partners: Work in partnership with Resource Development staff to engage Keystone Society Leadership Circle Community Partners in volunteer opportunities. Work collaboratively with Community Partner liaisons to recruit and place volunteers for their respective build days; this may include on-site recruitment fairs, recruitment flyers, and verbiage, etc.
- AmeriCorps and Internships: Serve as the Host Site Manager for the AmeriCorps and Internship program(s), and as the liaison with HFHI and partnering organizations to oversee volunteer program(s). Supervise the work of AmeriCorps members and interns in partnership with their immediate supervisor (i.e. based on the department they are serving in).
- Appearances: Effectively represent HFHSL as needed, including but not limited to public appearances, presentations, events, and social gatherings.
Administrative & Financial
- Budget: Develop budget and monitor expenses related to the volunteer services. Maintain complete and accurate records of all events and/or activities.
- HandsOn Connect (Salesforce Platform): Act as the system administrator and liaison for volunteer scheduling database (HandsOn Connect). Perform regular maintenance of system to purge, combine, and add data as needed. Ensure security, accuracy, and integrity of the data including technology management. Work in partnership with VSA to guarantee volunteer sign-in and waiver information is entered and accurate.
- Leadership: Serve as a member of the management team. Provide immediate supervision to the Volunteer Services Administrator.
- Committees: Provide staff support and coordination to the Leading Edge Committee and related committee recruitment and appreciation events for construction leaders.
Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in volunteer management, with a minimum of three years management/supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in volunteer management program development and oversight, possessing knowledge of individual and group recruitment, retention, and appreciation techniques.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to create and nurture personal relationships and to communicate effectively delivering exceptional customer service to a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to volunteers, donors, homebuyers, committees, board members, and colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a specific ability to create volunteer recruitment and thank you letters.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects with competing demands while maintaining a commitment to accuracy and excellence.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Works well in an extremely fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Self-starter, with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with the HFHSL team.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, possessing strong critical thinking/analysis skills.
- Proficient in entire Microsoft Office Suite, as well as knowledgeable and experienced in volunteer management tools and Salesforce platform. Experience with HandsOn Connect a plus.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and insurance, and has the ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: At least six years professional experience in volunteer management, project management, or human resources. Relevant education, professional training, and experience will be considered; advanced degree is preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE: Ability to work flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm unless otherwise arranged with management. This position is exempt and works a minimum of 40 hours a week.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand and/or work on a computer for long periods and to walk up and down stairs multiple times throughout the day. Ability to work in sometimes extreme weather conditions, particularly heat/sun and cold temperatures and to lift at least 25 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Director of Resource Development
- Volunteer Services Administrator (VSA)
- AmeriCorps Members
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience. Vacation time offered after introductory period on a pro-rated basis.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send resume, detailed cover letter, and salary requirements to Kimberly McKinney, CEO and Jacinta Witherspoon, Director of Resource Development, at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject: Volunteer Services Manager. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Email submissions only. No phone calls, please.
Agency: City of O’Fallon, Missouri
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
The City of O’Fallon, MO is currently recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator with demonstrated skills in volunteer management strategies (starting salary range is $21.54-$23.20/hour DOQ/E + excellent benefits). This position is responsible for coordinating volunteer recruitment, placement and retention functions. Duties include recruiting (including interview, screen and orientate), coordinating and supervising volunteers; planning and coordinating city-sponsored events; collaborating with city staff to establish and develop volunteer opportunities; and other related duties.
The City of O’Fallon, Missouri is a dynamic community known for its family-friendliness, excellent public schools, safe neighborhoods with quality housing, vibrant businesses, responsive municipal government, and numerous recreational amenities, all of which contribute to a high quality of life. It is the largest community in St. Charles County, and the second largest in the St. Louis metropolitan area – behind only the City of St. Louis. The City operates under a Home Rule Charter with a Mayor – City Administrator – Council form of government. It is a full-service city with an $88M annual budget and over 400 full- and 250 part-time employees. Over the past several years, it has been consistently named as one of the “Best Places to Live” by Money magazine and as one of the “Safest Cities in America” by CQ Press.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field and one – two years’ experience in volunteer recruitment, interviewing and event planning.
See our website for a full position description : https://ofallon.applicantpro.com/jobs/291978.html
How to Apply:
Please complete an application online at www.ofallon.mo.us/hr
Agency: Alzheimer’s Association
Position: Volunteer Director
The Alzheimer’s Association seeks a full-time, professional for a newly developed Volunteer Director position to enhance its mission. This position oversees all aspects of the 1,200-member volunteer program and supervises one paid position. Measureable outcomes are significant increases in volunteer hours contributed, engagement of volunteers as full mission partners, increased diversity of volunteers and volunteer satisfaction. The position reports to the Vice President of Programs and works in close partnership with the chapter leadership and staff to identify volunteer needs and opportunities throughout the organization.
Candidates with backgrounds in volunteer services, business, HR management and a demonstrated history of developing a high performance volunteer program and achieving mission growth should apply to email@example.com.
Agency: City of O’Fallon, Missouri
Position: Public Assistance Specialist
This position performs specialized duties in the administration of public assistance grants.
• Prepares grant applications.
• Develops, implements and manages expenditures.
• Manages all aspects of the Home Improvement Loan Program, the Down Payment Assistance Program, The Emergency Homeless Prevention Program, the Senior Transportation and Rides Program, and the transportation for the disabled program.
• Processes applications to ensure applicant eligibility based on grant specifications.
• Prepares annual, semi-annual and quarterly reports.
• Prepares and submits the Consolidated Plan, the Annual Plan, and the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report.
• Manages the City’s Federal reporting requirements and Federal reporting system.
• Completes and files yearly lien and lien releases for appropriate programs.
• Markets grants to residents.
• Facilitates and prepares public hearings.
• Maintains department documents, records and files.
• Coordinates the annual Project HOME Charity Golf Tournament; works with Communications Director, City Administrator and Mayor to determine appropriate charity to receive funding; monitors awarded funds; solicits bids for event location; assists with the preparation of marketing materials; solicits donations; coordinates volunteers; develops and monitors budget
To apply or learn more about the position, please visit the job posting at https://ofallon.applicantpro.com/jobs/278050.html and more information on applying for a position with the City of O’Fallon, Missouri click on following link: www.ofallon.mo.us/human-resources
Agency: Lutheran Senior Services
Position: Volunteer Money Management Program Manager
Full time position with Lutheran Senior Services Volunteer Money Management working with older adults 60 years and older and adults 50 years and older with a disability living in St. Louis city, St. Louis county, St. Charles county, and Jefferson county. Primary responsibilities include in-home visits with clients, coordinates telephone inquiries for services and referral of volunteers, assists in the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers, and gives presentations in the community.
The qualifications for the position include a Bachelor’s degree and excellent communication skills. Experience in working with and managing volunteers preferred.